Friday, January 17, 2014

I, Frankenstein

The movie I, Frankenstein looks and sounds strange. The plot can be found on imdb.com: "Frankenstein's creature finds himself caught in an all-out, centuries old war between two immortal clans." I might not see the movie, but that won't stop me from getting the music! The soundtrack will be released on January 21st, so I have just listened to samples of it. You can listen to them too: I, Frankenstein soundtrack on Amazon.com. Overall, it sounds cool, but I can't really say much more unless I get my hands (or ears, ha-ha!) on the full soundtrack. The main composers for this score appear to be Johnny Klimek and Reinhold Heil, but I saw that Lisa Gerrard is listed for certain track titles. Lisa Gerrard, in case you didn't know, helped Hans Zimmer with the Gladiator soundtrack, which I think turned out pretty good. Who knows, sometimes the audio samples sound really cool, and then when you get the whole soundtrack, it isn't as good as you thought it was. What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment