Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Google Play Music

I have been enjoying Google Play Music for about a year now. It has been an enjoyable experience, a flawless experience. I'm not a huge fan of Google, but I really love this service. You are able to store 20,000 songs in the cloud for free! You are able to play your music through your browser or through the Android and iOS apps.

Google offers an All Access service for $9.99 a month which gives you unlimited (All Access) playback of every song in the store. Google has a nice music collection, although I'm not quite sure where it places against iTunes (which I never use anyway). You are able to perform a search and easily and quickly find what you are looking for. All Access also allows you to play an “Instant Mix” for an artist, song, or album. This plays a random playlist of music related to the artist, song, or album.

This is most of the features that Google Play Music offers. There are many more, like a free 30 day trial of All Access for new users. I mainly use this for a backup of my music because I’m beginning to listen to the original files stored on my computer. As I said earlier, there are apps for Android and iOS which allow you to stream your uploaded music.

Google has been making many changes lately, including the music service. Previously, you were only allowed to download each song/album 3 times on the web, but now you aren’t limited. I think that this was a great move, allowing me to use it more for backup.

What do you think of this service?


Do you use a different service that is similar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment