Monday, November 3, 2014

Christmas?

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to believe that Christmas is nearly at the doorstep. It isn't even Thanksgiving yet and the stores are cluttered with the decorations in preparation for the holiday. When this happens, it's time to tune in to the Christmas station.

Do you have any favorite films for the occasion? I personally like the Polar Express, though the annual rave in my family is Elf.

I actually have a great song by Alan Silvestri for you. It is the suite from The Polar Express. I have noticed while listening to this that the main theme from Silvestri's score are very similar to that of the one heard in Elf. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the score for Elf, so I will provide one from YouTube.

The Polar Express Suite by Alan Silvestri




Main Title by John Debney
The similarity of this and Silvestri's begins at the 0:54 mark, roughly.


No comments:

Post a Comment