Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Divide by Chris Tilton

Divide is a new game that will be arriving on January 31, 2016 exclusively for the PlayStation 4. I do not want to go into too much detail to promote the game since my goal is the music, but I can say that the game looks very intriguing. You can learn more at the PlayStation Blog.

While Chris Tilton has been composing for many years, I only just discovered his music when I first heard the score from Assassin's Creed Unity. I instantly fell in love with it. It is definitely one of the best game scores I have listened to. You can hear his music from Volume 1 of the score. I felt that Ryan Amon (the Bonus Tracks) and Sarah Schachner (Volume 2) did an excellent job, but it easy to say that Chris Tilton's Volume 1 is easily far superior.

The EP for Divide is out and ready to listen to. If you are subscribed to a streaming service, I highly recommend you look for it (I guarantee it is available to you). If you enjoy it, it can be purchased through Bandcamp, which will allow you to access a lossless copy of the music. It is currently $2.99.



In Tilton's new score for Divide, you definitely get the same feel and similar sound from Assassin's Creed Unity. Unfortunately this is an EP which is very short. I am hoping, along with others I would expect, that we will eventually see a regular release of the score that is more full of content. As of this time I have not found anything that points to a release of this kind.

Let me know what you think of this score in the comments. Are you hoping for an extended version as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment