Monday, April 25, 2016

Cinderella

It feels like a week ago that that I witnessed that teaser trailer of a glass slipper glimmering on a turntable. "Seriously, how is Disney going to re-make Cinderella?" I thought. I am not the only one that is a bit tired of those infinite modern Cinderella stories.

Disney's Cinderella from 2015 was nothing like what I expected. I was quite impressed. Patrick Doyle composed the beautiful score that is rich with exciting and very memorable themes which inherit the traditional, magical Disney sound.

Each track in the score has a unique sound to it that is easily recognized. The main theme is quietly introduced and continued throughout the score and across a range of instruments, but when all the instruments all come together and boldly present the theme to you, is is extraordinary.

The main theme is not heard excessively but is accompanied with other themes that delicately hint at it. This score does express an amount of sorrow, but it is always accompanied or entangled with some form of joyous sound. The main conflict in this film is not just between Cinderella and her new family but with keeping her promise to always stay kind and have courage.

When the resolving end is nearing and finally met, you will find an incredibly satisfying ending. This score is one that can be listened to on repeat, and shuffle if you desire. Whether you need some inspiration or encouragement this week, I hope that this score will help you in that. It lifts my spirit to new heights every time I play it, as I hope it does the same to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment