Monday, April 11, 2016

Jurassic World

Jurassic Park was a great movie, and so was the score. John Williams scored the first two films and gave us one of the most memorable themes. Unfortunately, we are unable to listen to what John Williams would have composed in the third installment due to a job he was working on. On-the-other-hand, I should trust his recommendation of Don Davis and listen to the score sometime.

The series reboot from 2015 saw Michael Giacchino as the composer. I honestly was not sure what to expect, but being one of my favorite composers, I just had to listen to his take on the series. The film itself was good, but I absolutely love the music. I enjoyed it slightly more than the previous ones that I listened to.

I find his themes rich and catchy, especially the first six tracks. He beautifully incorporates Williams' theme throughout and at the perfect moment. He doesn't rely too much on it, but has created a vast array of original music while still maintaining the sound and feeling from the original film.

Below is a playlist of the entire score.




This album can be
purchased or streamed through Amazon Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment